Monday, April 21, 2008

Avram Grant rates Steven Gerrard ahead of The Best Player in the World


Says the Chelsea manager of the Liverpool captain:

"For me he is the player of the year in England and maybe in Europe because of the influence he has on the team...He's very good, I like him very much as a player. And I know him, he is a nice guy, a positive guy and he is an example for many people...Unfortunately he plays against me, not with me, but he is still my favourite player...I'm not surprised he is playing up front with Fernando Torres now because I think he can play in many positions...In that position he probably feels more free. Tactically, it's not easy to play against this position."

Should this count as a vote? It is Avram Grant after all and he is only speaking of Gerrard being the best in Europe. But a vote against the current title holder of The Best Player in the World really is a defacto vote for Gerrard on the world stage. We'll give a vote to Gerrard then. What's a vote here or there when TBPITW is so far ahead of everyone else?
*
I mean is there any chance in the world that Steven Gerrard, as great as he is, can become The Best now?

Source >

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contributing to The Best Player In The World project.